Dr. Daniel Cassarella attended Harvard University, where he graduated with honors and served as the president of his dental school class. After earning one of the top scores in the nation on the national dental board exam, he was selected to attend an elite three-year orthodontics residency at UCLA.
During his time at UCLA, Dr. Cassarella served as chief resident and upon graduation became a certified specialist in orthodontics and dentofacial orthopedics. He has presented his research to international audiences and is a published author.
Dr. Cassarella has been practicing orthodontics exclusively for more than a decade. He is a Diplomate of the American Board of Orthodontics, which means he has undergone a rigorous, voluntary testing process that represents an orthodontist’s personal and public commitment to the standards of specialty practice and lifelong learning.
A native to northeastern Pennsylvania, Dr. Cassarella grew up in Hazleton and attended the prestigious Schreyer Honors College at The Pennsylvania State University. During his time at Penn State, Dr. Cassarella served as president of the National Society of Collegiate Scholars, the largest student organization on campus.
His love for helping each patient become the person he or she wants to be is what drove him to open his own practice. For Dr. Cassarella, the best thing about orthodontics is meeting new people, getting to know their hopes and aspirations, and creating personalized plans that help everyone reach their individual goals.
When not in the office, Dr. Cassarella enjoys traveling, sports, fitness, and spending time in nature. Nothing brings Dr. Cassarella more joy than being with his family. Dr. Cassarella and his wife have three young daughters and a rescue pup.
University of Pennsylvania
Clinical Orthodontic Faculty (present)
University of Maryland
Clinical Orthodontic Faculty (2014-2015)
Selected Awards & Honors
- Moderator, Middle Atlantic Society of Orthodontists annual session (2014, 2015)
- American Association of Orthodontists Emerging Leaders Program (2015-present)
- Pennsylvania State University Schreyer Honors College admissions interviewer (2014-present)
- American Association of Orthodontists Student Award, Harvard University (2008)
- DMD cum laude in a special field, Harvard University (2008)
- Harvard Committee on General Scholarships Award (2006)
- Harvard James J. Lowell and Anna L. Woodbury Scholarship (2005)
- Pennsylvania State University Schreyer Honors College Scholars Medal Recipient (2004)
Abstracts and Publications
- Cassarella D.W., Cagliero, E. Impact of continuous glucose monitoring in type 1 diabetic patients attending a diabetes specialty clinic. American Diabetes Association Scientific Sessions, 2006.
- Cassarella D.W., Pair J. Closure of a minor midline diastema using essix trays. Technique Clinic. Journal of Clinical Orthodontics, 2011.
- Cassarella D.W., Chang J., Nervina J. CBCT assessment of root resorption. Oral Presentation, International Dental Association for Dental Research, 2011.
- Cassarella D.W., Orthodontics and the Optimization of the Facial Profile. Presentation to the Schuylkill County Dental Society, 2011.
- Cassarella D.W., Growth and development: The essence of orthodontics. Panorama Magazine, 2012.
Speaking LocationsDr. Cassarella has had the honor of speaking at a wide variety of events across the United States: